Monday, August 10, 2015

Day 25. Rest Day in Fargo

It is very nice to have a rest day after 12 previous days of cycling.  It is good not only for me, but for my gear.  Spent a bit of my time at the laundromat giving everything a good clean wash.  Further, I had the chance to get a fresh haircut and shave.  Haircut is high and tight.  Just as importantly, my bike received a safety tune-up at the Great Northern Bicycle shop. 

I stayed in downtown Fargo and enjoyed a few good places to eat and especially hanging out in the is small grassy corner next to the VFW.  There were several tables about and some benches across the street where about 150 people had gathered to listen to a weekend jazz festival of local artist and bands.  It was a very entertaining afternoon of traditional jazz standards as well as a lot of big band and swing tunes.  The final set was the FM KICKS band, a group of local musicians that was originally formed several decades ago.  (FM stands for Fargo/Moorhead, the two adjacent cities across the state lines).  

Bike is in great shape, gear is fresh, now it is time to head to Fergus Falls, MN.  I discovered this morning during my bicycle tuneup that one of Camelback water bottles is missing.  They are pretty important, so unfortunately I am having to pace the morning to be able to get fully stocked again.  


On the Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment