Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Day 41. Sombra, Ont. CA to Sandusky, OH

My morning Canadian cycling route took me along the St. Claire River between enviable riverfront home and their docks.  Most every dock had their red maple leafed national flag, proudly waving in the wind.  Chairs and swings were positioned to over look their river toward the U.S. as if watching for the return of the elusive Stanley Cup.  

Along the route,  river otters, black squirrels and the oft present chipmunks  were my morning companions as the scenery soon turned back to crops and fields.  Apple orchards took center stage and my attention. I was certainly tempted nab an apple or two, but that was forbidden. 

The skies were obstructed windmills randomly placed throughout the landscape.  I am pleased by the attempts to use alternative

I get to take my third ferry ride in the past week to return to the States, this time by crossing Lake Erie.  I have enjoyed each of them.  My favorite, however, was the SS Badger across Lake Michigan.  

Thursday my friend Brian Jackson will be joining me for 5 days of riding together.  He is a cycling partner from Lakeland and this is the kind of trip we are always talking about.  I am really looking forward to him joining in on the adventure the next few days.  It has been a solitary ride up to now and having a friend to ride with will be fun.  Having that friend be up front doing long pulls as I draft behind him will be even more fun.  It is like getting in behind a big diesel.  

Sleeping in Ohio tonight and about to head through some big cities, including Cleveland tomorrow.  Should be interesting.  

Moose Search: 0

Song in my head.  Steppenwolf; Magic Carpet Ride. Etc

No comments:

Post a Comment